Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with Communities In Schools of Peninsula. Below is information on becoming a volunteer with our organization.
The volunteers at Communities In Schools of Peninsula are instrumental in helping us to fulfill our mission of surrounding students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and succeed in life. Each year, our team of volunteers gives more than 5,000 hours of loyal service in many different areas—from school mentoring programs to Holiday Help Programs, and special events.
Yes YOU can!
Almost anyone dedicated to serving others can be a volunteer. We ask that volunteers commit to a minimum of one hour a week for the 9-month academic school year (for reading and math mentoring programs); with varying hour requirements for other programs. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Our staff will work with you to best match your talents and interest with our needs, and you will receive training at the school where you choose to volunteer.
- The first step is to fill out and submit an online volunteer application below.
- Step two – Screening
- Upon receipt of your application, you will be contacted within five business days to discuss your application and review your areas of interests, skills, talents, and availability to match you with a volunteer mentor position.
- The Volunteer Director will set up a time for a required volunteer orientation. Volunteer orientation covers basic program guidelines; safety issues including mandatory reporting; developmental/maturation stages; communication/relationship building skills; and basic strategies of working with students on academic content.
- Volunteer will be required to fill out the Washington State Patrol Background Clearance Form (per Peninsula School District policy), prior to volunteer start date. Potential volunteers will be given the clearance form at orientation. CISP also conducts an additional background check through the National Sex Offender Public Website.
- All volunteers are required by Peninsula School District to be fully vaccinated and provide a copy of their vaccination card.
- Once the background check has cleared, a start date will be determined, and the volunteer will be matched with a child.
- Volunteer will receive school on-site training by the Program Coordinator.
Print off, fill out and email to Myka@cisofpeninsula.org